Tuesday 26 January 2016

A LITTLE BIT MORE FROM THE PAGES OF 'REACH FOR MARS.'

Intrigued, I retraced my steps around the bow of the craft and stopped in front of the hatch. With my right hand still resting on the butt of my Eagle, I used my left hand to reach out and touch the glowing circle alongside the hatch. I heard an electric hum and a hissing noise and then jumped back when the hatch slid open.

I peered carefully through the hatch and saw a small compartment, roughly two meters by two meters, which I deduced to be an airlock. I tentatively moved forward and stepped through the hatch into the airlock and then looked for a button similar to the one outside to close the outer hatch and activate the airlock cycle. I pressed the only button I could find in the compartment and assumed it was the right one when the outer hatch slid closed and oxygen started hissing into the compartment. The inner hatch slid open when the hissing stopped, and I warily stepped into the alien craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment