Saturday 23 January 2016

Just a bit more from the pages of 'Reach for Mars.'

It was then that I decided it was necessary to go and investigate this strange phenomenon, while at the same time deciding that it was not necessary to wake any of the crew, as it would take too long, especially since I would have to get dressed first. So I padded as quietly as possible down the corridor to the cargo hold, put on my EVA suit, and after operating the airlock walked down the ramp, did an about-face, and headed through the darkness toward the beacon of light that was the alien ship. As I neared it, I angled toward the bow while I subconsciously released the flap of my holster, lifted it, and rested my hand on the butt of the Eagle that nestled within. Even through my thick glove I found the physical contact comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment