Thursday 28 January 2016

SOME MORE FROM THE PAGES OF 'REACH FOR MARS.'

That is, I tentatively assumed they were transportation devices because although they had seats, they did not have any wheels. Instead, they rested on large, slightly convex discs. There were three vehicles, one largish four-seat vehicle and two smaller two-seat models. They were open topped, which meant that they were not pressurized and could only be used with space suits in atmospheres not hospitable for air-breathing life-forms, much as our buggies were. I walked across the cabin to one of the two-seat models and shoved it to see if it moved. It didn’t. Which meant that it was either extremely heavy or it was fixed to the deck in some way that I couldn’t detect. The latter explanation made more sense to me because I was certain I would have found the vehicles piled up on each other against the starboard wall thanks to the force of the crash if they had not been firmly fixed to the deck.

I decided to ponder this question later and continue exploring after I noticed a rather large double door set into the semicircular inner bulkhead. I examined the walls on either side of the doors as I approached and found buttons mounted in the wall to the right of the doors. I removed my hand from my eagle, pushed the upper button, and returned my hand to rest once more on the butt of the gun as the door panels separated and slid open with a very faint hum. They revealed a chamber roughly two meters by two meters with another set of double door panels on the other side.

Read more at the website:www.reachformars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment