Monday 1 February 2016

STILL A BIT MORE FROM THE PAGES OF 'REACH FOR MARS.' :

I thought of pushing a few buttons on the flight-control consoles to see what would happen, but then I thought twice about it because I wouldn’t know how to stop something if I was able to start it. I found that the pilot seat revolved 360 degrees, so I started slowly spinning in the seat until, on the twenty-eighth revolution, I spotted a space-suited figure in the portside corridor leaning against the airlock with its arms folded, watching me.
“Are you right there?” asked the figure in what sounded very much like Nick’s voice.
“Yes, I am right here. Are you right there?” I replied as I stopped myself from spinning.
With a huge, long-suffering sigh, the figure straightened up and walked into the cabin toward me.
“Well, show me what you’ve discovered then!”
So I took him on a guided tour of the alien spacecraft, which must have taken quite a while because by the time we returned to the flight cabin I noticed that the sun had almost cleared the horizon. We entered the airlock and activated it, and while we were waiting for it to cycle, Nick asked me,

“How many photos did you take of the interior of the ship with your helmet camera?”

You can read the first chapter of this book as well as the first chapter of the soon to be released sequel 'We are Martian' by visiting www.reachformars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment