Wednesday 9 March 2016

A LITTLE MORE FROM THE PAGES OF 'REACH FOR MARS' :

“Yes as a matter of fact I think I do. While you were flying the starship around the planet I located the engine room and had a look inside. The engine is very similar to the Torus engine on the shipwreck and so I wouldn’t worry about running out of fuel. I also have a question for you, Drew.” Dick said. “Would it be OK if Courtney came along with us?”
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nick flash his smartass, triumphant grin at me, which I pretended not to see. Then he chimed in,
“Sure, Dick! I don’t see any problem with that, do you Drew? After all, you’re taking Mel with you! It’ll be a nice holiday for you all!” Then he broke into song,
“We’re all going on a summer holiday, no more worries for a week or two…”
At least the rest of the crew chimed in with me when I exclaimed,
“Shut up, Nick!”

He tried to look crestfallen, but that look is very difficult to pull off convincingly when you’re chuckling to yourself and writhing about in your chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment